Sunday, October 27, 2013

Oct. 25th

I sent this earlier today. Maybe I sent it to the wrong one. Love you. I can't figure out the picture thing though, which is sad. 

Hey Family,

I don't have much time at all to write. Lunch starts in 10 min and I have to grab my laundry before that as well, so no pics today probably. This week has been incredible though! SO so good. I have taught 5 lessons in Korean and I can pray in Korean. It's so cool! I love love love the language, and teaching is the best thing! I feel such a strong love for the people of Korea and I genuinely can't think of anything better than helping them to come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. 

I love my district, but it's weird how young and slightly immature they are. They have a really hard time focusing and studying which drives me a little crazy, but I'm trying to be a good example for them. This one Elder asked this week how he can know if he's feeling the spirit or not, and I'm just really glad I'm not struggling with that. I don't think I'd be on a mission if I didn't know what the Spirit felt like for sure. There is a guy from London, a guy from Germany and a girl from Texas in my district and that is very distracting for everyone, because of all the accents, but we have some fun times. So many funny things happen everyday, and I really love everyone. We had a little testimony meeting Monday night and I don't think there is anything cooler than seeing 18 and 19 year old boys cry when they bear their testimonies. SO cool. I love it. 

Our Korean teacher is so amazing. He always makes me feel like I can take on Korean and that we can do this. He is so great. Also, he has another job managing a sod farm, so we always make jokes about when he isn't there that he's probably out watching grass grow. So funny.

This week we taught our investigator and for our third lesson, our teacher didn't tell us we were teaching, so we had literally no advance notice. Luckily my companion and I had planned out our lesson in English, which was more than everyone else in our district, so we got to teach first, and it was incredible the Spirit that was in that room and as we prayed going into that lesson not knowing before hand what we would say. Seriously it was so cool, and I think that experience really cemented my testimony that this is truly the Lord's work.  We taught our 5th lesson last night, and He said he knows the book of mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that was the coolest thing ever. I just love the gospel so much, and I know that the Lord is guiding me and this work. I wake up giddy every morning knowing I'm a missionary:)

Anyway, that's about all I have time for, but make sure you are sending my letters to all my friends and stuff and maybe blogging if Michelle has figured that out yet!

I love you all!! Write me:)

Love,
Sister Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment