Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Miracles Jan. 19th

Dear Family,
 
This week has probably been the most difficult week of my mission, but that's ok, because it has forced me to look for all the miracles that are happening around me. If you are also having a hard time, try doing that as well:) Anyway, here are some of the miracles of the week, large and small.
 
 We reached our weekly goals:) That really was a miracle, because this week was hard, but it just shows that by small and simple things, great things are accomplished. When we do our best, the Lord blesses us, and makes up the difference.
 
On Saturday, we went out to do some daywha. I think it's called proselyting in English, but I can't remember, which is weird...... Anyway, we have these posters that talk about family and our church, and they look super nice. They are awesome, because we just put them on a street corner and people read it, and talk to us about family, because family is SUPER important in Korea. Anyway, that's my favorite way to find people to talk to. But yeah, so we usually do that with the Elder's too, and we take turn standing at the poster and the rest of us go out and talk to people at the intersection. Anyway, so one of the elders was standing at the poster and it was super super cold, and for some reason he didn't have his coat. Right as I walked by the poster, he asked me if I would stand at the poster while he and his companion went to get his coat at the church. I said yes, and they left. About 30 seconds later, a woman crosses the street and walks right up to me and starts talking to me perfect English. It was awesome. She wanted to know all about the church and why Mormons are so weird (hahaha) and about polygamy and everything. Ha. It was pretty funny, but also, I was able to have a good 15 minute discussion with her about our church and the Book of Mormon. She was super super nice, and although she wasn't interested in keeping the BofM, she took a mormon.org card. I have no idea if anything will ever happen with her, but it was super cool, because I needed a reminder that I can teach people, and my testimony is there, even if I can't always express it in Korean. As she was leaving, she told me that the only reason she talked to me is because I am a girl, and she always sees the Elders, but she wanted to hear from a Sister. What a miracle that she got to learn about the church at that particular moment. If the Elder's had left a minute later, she wouldn't have had that opportunity. Anyway, that may seem small, but to me it was huge this week.
 
Another miracle is that Ho sunhee's husband has accepted a baptismal date from the Elders!! So awesome! She has been busy this week because her sister was in the hospital and her kids are on their winter break, so we couldn't meet with her, but we get to meet with her this Tuesday. We are hoping and praying that they will want to take this step together and be baptized on Feb 22 as a family. They seriously are amazing people, and have taught me SO much. But yeah. That's super exciting.
 
Chae Urie, the less active we have been working with a lot is always at church now!:) We met with her twice last week, and gave her a book of Mormon again, since it's been 10 years since she was active. Through her I have really learned that without a testimony of the book of Mormon, people will not stay active in the church, so keep reading the book of Mormon everyone! She's seriously a miracle though.
 
Ester has really been progressing this past week, and we are hopefully going to help her come to church next week. She told us last week that she knows God will tell her if this church is true, but she was expecting Him to tell her in a really big, 'moses-like' experience. We read Alma 32 with her this week, and she really understands now the importance of faith and how great things are accomplished through the small and simple things. She also has been SO happy lately, which is so different from the first few weeks I met her. Seeing the change in her is wonderful. The gospel and book of Mormon have the power to CHANGE LIVES! It's wonderful!!!
 
Something sad, is one of our investigators, Kristine, I think is going to reject the gospel. She says she knows it's true, but doesn't want to change. She says that money is the thing she values most in this world. She is holding onto tons of grudges, and doesn't want to forgive and change, and we can't force her to do that. It's sooooo sad, because she is the sweetest old lady, and she loves meeting with us, because we make her happy, but she won't change her life and be baptized. I read this morning in Mosiah about Zeniff and then Kind Noah, and it breaks my heart to see how money and pride get in the way and really lead to our downfall. In one of the verses, I forget which one cuz I don't have my scriptures with me, it gave a really great definition of pride- which is not repenting. It just really clicked how when we don't repent everyday, we are letting pride enter our hearts, and that's how Satan gets us. Anyway, I'm a little sad about that, but I know that hope isn't lost yet. I'm just waiting and working for another miracle:)
 
Those are just a few of the miracles I noticed in my week. My journal is full of TONS more. I love you all though, and pray for you every day! Thanks for your wonderful example to me, and your love and support! I love you all!!!
 
Love,
Sister Hunter:):)

No comments:

Post a Comment