Thursday, March 6, 2014

Perspective Feb.9th

Dear family:)
 
This week has been really great! I've gained some good perspective at how far I've come the past 4 months, and how far I still need to go.
 
On Tuesday, Sister Knox and I went with President and Sister Morrise to pick up the new missionaries from the airport! Yes, there are missionaries newer than me (apparently). But yeah. It was super nice to talk to them on the way to the airport, and see a lot more of Korea than I normally do. Korea is absolutely beautiful. It has mountains and lakes and those are beautiful, but also it has TONS of skyscrappers and bridges and those are breathtaking. It's a good mix of everything. But yeah. That was really beautiful. And president and sister morrise are hilarious. I love them. When we got to the airport, President Morrise got some fries at McDonalds and then helped me with Korean, which was awesome! I'm not sure I've ever had a more productive language study. When the new missionaries finally arrived, it was really fun to see them again. We were only together in the MTC for a week and a half, but a friendly face is always welcome on the mission. The sisters especially were really great to see. Anyway, then we took the 2 hour long subway ride back to the mission home with the new missionaries. It was so cool to see them talk to people and give out book of mormons and share their testimonies. It brought back lots of great memories from my first night in Korea. it was cool to see how much Korean I have learned since I got to Korea, and a wake up call on how much grammar I've forgotten;) But I was most happy to know that I'm TONS better at understanding people than I used to be, and better than I thought for sure. (I hope this doesn't sound like I"m comparing myself to other missionaires. I'm not. Just remembering how I was at first). But yeah. Seeing the faith of those new missionaries was pretty inspiring, and definitely a spiritual experience. I hope I get to do that often. New missionaries are my new favorite thing... even though I still am one. They are awesome though.
 
Another good perspective experience was that some missionaries left this week, and since I am at the mission home I get to see them right before they go for a few days. It's cool to hear their perspecives after finishing their missions. I have SOOOO much more to learn and do before I leave, but it's starting to hit me how little time I really have here in Korea.  I really need to do better and work harder and use the atonement more. 
 
Also, after one of our lessons, we were headed home to eat dinner, when we saw a white couple looking pretty confused. We stopped to see if we could help them, and then they revealed that they were coming to pick up their son from his mission, and were trying to find the church and a good restraunt for dinner. We helped them, and they bought us dinner, which was super nice of them. I was shocked to see how much I really can understand and read. The Lord has been helping me so much. I think sometimes I forget that and get frustrated with my slow progress, but honestly the Lord is blessing me much more than I realized. I think that's just life. So if ever you are overwhelmed or frustrated, just remember that the Lord really is there helping you, and if you could see where you were before this trial, or experience, you would be so grateful for what you have now. Don't take things for granted. I'm definitely going to try to be more grateful for trials and for the little things.
 
A awesome thing about this week is that Ho Sunhee's whole family came to church this week! Her kids were sick, so we couldn't meet with her on thursday, but she came to church and said she really liked it! She's so wonderful! I love her.
 
We also had an awesome lesson with our new investigator Oh Meerahn (which I will spell Miran from now on, but that's how its pronounced.) Miran is catholic and like 27 maybe and was originally only interested in our english program, but we ended up having an AWESOME gospel discussion last time. She said that she thinks God has sent us to her. Ha. She's right. But also, I know that Heavenly Father has sent her to us. I learn so much from my investigators. It's wonderful to see people change from the truths of the gospel. But she said she really wants to read the Book of Mormon, because right now that things we are telling her are just a story. She wants to gain a testimony of it for herself. She's so open with us about her relationship with God, and she really wants to improve her relationship with him. She's awesome. I think she will be baptised if she keeps reading the book of mormon and trying to understand what we teach like she has been. It'll take time, but I really love her and hope she can make that progress.
 
Finally, I just want to say how powerful the Book of Mormon is. It's incredible. I've been reading about Ammon this week, and wow. He's my favorite. His example is really really helping me every single day. I don't know how, but somehow every time I open the Book of Mormon, the Lord speaks to my heart and teaches me exactly what I needed to hear that day. It's amazing. I hope everyone is reading the book of mormon every day, because I truly have a testimony that it is true. It brings joy to my heart and peace to my life every day. I sometimes (every day) wish that I could just spend the whole day reading the book of mormon. It's the BEST book!
 
Anyway, I hope Stephen has a great birthday, and Alex too:) Have a great week everyone! The church is TRUE!!
 
Love,
Sister Hunter
 
ps. Dad, did you say you knew some Empey's in Idaho Falls? There's an Elder Empey here from idaho falls... one of the new missionaries... thought you might know his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment