Wednesday, December 25, 2013

KOREA IS COMING! Dec. 16th

 Guys! 

Korea is coming!!! It's so close! Tonight is my last night sleeping in a bed for 16 months!! (Because they sleep on mats in Korea) Craziness! I'm super excited though. And also super nervous. I feel like I don't know any Korean, but I"m just excited to go learn and do my best. Hopefully no one cares that all I can say is God loves us and the book of Mormon is true and pray. Haha I've got the basics covered. 

Kira Rogers and I have been eating together now that she's at the MTC! I love her so so so much! That's such a great part of my day. We just get to chat about missionary work, and she laughs at how long I've been here. I legitimately feel like I have lived in the MTC my whole life. It's the weirdest thing ever! Anyway, I love her. 

Probably the best part of this week was that Kim Honbeen got baptized!!! We taught him for the last time on Monday night, and as I was bearing my testimony about fasting and tithing, and how they will bless him after baptism, I just started crying because I was so happy for him. It was the weirdest thing in the whole world. I have never cried about tithing before haha. It was seriously beautiful though. He bore his testimony to us, and then prayed with us for the last time, and I just bawled. I'm not really sure what missionary work does to make me this emotional, but everything is soooo beautiful! I've cried nearly every day this week. Like Wednesday morning at breakfast, because I realized how few more times I would be able to sit with my district and hear Elder Gehrig talk about how Germany is the supreme nation, or hear Elder Ellsworth talk about how much he hates donuts, even though he eats one every single day. It was a little ridiculous. I just love everyone at the MTC so much! Its so great. Anyway, on Saturday we're going to have our last lesson with 이 당 선, and I know I'm going to cry. We have a really awesome relationship with him, and he's had to come a lot further, but I know he has a testimony, and that's the coolest thing ever. Also, we are teaching him about the atonement, because he feels really inadequate to get baptized, and I just don't think I could help but cry telling him how much Jesus loves him. Anyway, I'm super excited, and also sad to have to be done teaching him, but I guess the people of Korea are good substitutes. 

The other thing that's awesome is that Sister Pratt and I got to demonstrate teaching a real investigator this week for the new missionaries and it was incredible!!! I love her, and I she seems to be progressing even from last week. It's awesome. Anyway, I"m super excited to call you sometime between 4 and 9 in the morning on Sunday at the airport, and again on Christmas. I love you all! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment