Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving Week Nov. 29th

Hello family:)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I also hope that you received my note from Abby Mortensen! I was feeling pretty homesick Thursday morning (and the whole week really) and I prayed that I would see Abby. Our district had a little devotional at the temple grounds after lunch and on our way to the temple I ran into Abby! It was so great! Heavenly Father just takes care of us:) I'll send pictures later:)

Thanksgiving was pretty cool here at the MTC. I was feeling really homesick this whole week, and Wednesday night I decided that instead of saying how much I missed everyone on Thanksgiving I would just replace all those thoughts with how grateful I was for everyone, and that made the day MUCH better. And I realized I have things really good compared to most people, so I should never complain. 

In the morning we got to hear from ELDER AND SISTER NELSON! I was sooooo excited! It was so so so good, and they helped me so much! I've been getting a little discouraged about Korean lately, and he shared a scripture with us that helped me tons. It was D&C 136:31-33


 31 My people must be atried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the bglory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not cbear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.
 32 Let him that is aignorant blearn cwisdom by dhumbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eeyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;
 33 For my aSpirit is sent forth into the world to enlighten thebhumble and contrite, and to the ccondemnation of the ungodly.
I just realized that if Heavenly Father wanted me to know Korean really well already, He would have let me do that, but there is a purpose in letting me struggle. So I'm just really excited to have my ears opened to the Korean language and the spirit enlighten me. 

Last night we got to watch Ephraim's Rescue, which was AMAZING! I loved it so much! You should all watch it if you get a chance. The pioneers are so cool! Everyone always says that we are the chosen generation, but I have to wonder about that. Heavenly Father had a hard enough time getting me to pack three suitcases FULL of clothes and come to the MTC. I have a habit of dragging my feet a little bit when Heavenly Father asks me to do something, and that doesn't work very well if you are pulling a handcart. I don't know that I could walk in the snow without shoes for thousands of miles. It just made me realize how blessed we really are to live in the time and place and circumstances we do. 

This week I got a calling in our branch, which is fun. I'm the technical coordinator, which means I'm in charge of fixing the computer stuff when it doesn't work and teaching the new missionaries how to access everything we do on the computers. Clearly Heavenly Father has a sense of humor:) Apparently I'm the first girl to have that calling, so that's cool. I just wish I knew a little more about computers! Haha I need Allan and Andrew here to help me!

Also this week we got trained by the publicity department on our interview by the NY Times, and we'll have another training before our interview on Tuesday! Apparently they are going to be following us around to the dorms and gym and stuff and have cameras, so most likely you will be able to see some of that on their blog. I'm glad they gave us a heads up about that, because sometimes our room is a little less than NY Times clean, so today we get to deep clean our room. I'm just so excited to vacuum! haha Also, the story is supposed to be 3/4 of a page which is supposedly a big deal in the NY Times. I'm just excited to share a little about the gospel and missionary work with those who aren't members of our church. The people from the publicity department said that in order to be chosen for this we either had to be really really good missionaries, or we fooled a LOT of people. So that was nice of them to say. 

In other news, TRC was once again AMAZING this week! I think it gets better every single week! This week we taught a real live investigator- A non-member Korean girl who is going to high school here. We have assigned topics for our TRC lessons, and last week was about receiving revelation through church attendance. We were teaching her about that for a few minutes and she asked us why the mormon church was so special. It was so cool, because I just felt this overwhelming feeling that the Book of Mormon was why, and that really is why our church is true and different from other churches. I have never born a more powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon in my whole life. It's crazy how powerfully the spirit can work through my VERY simple Korean. We ended up talking about the Book of Mormon for a long time and everyone was crying. It was so wonderful. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I just know it. Long story short is that the girl said she would read the Book of Mormon, and hopefully she comes back this week so we can follow up with her. Her member friend said she wants to serve a mission now after that experience, which makes me really excited! Everyone should serve a mission! They are wonderful!!! The gospel is so true and I'm so grateful for it.

Anyway, I just want everyone to know how grateful I am for the opportunity I have to be on a mission and to be doing what I'm doing every single day. I am so grateful for all of you and pray for you all every day! I hope all is well! I can't express how much everyone's love and support mean to me and I'm so thankful for your examples! Thanks for all you do for me! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Hunter




No comments:

Post a Comment