Monday, November 25, 2013

3 Big Things- Really Big Things Nov.22nd


Here is a picture of my district with our two teachers, Brother Decker and Brother Christensen (who we call omoni and obogi, which is Korean for mom and dad) and then our Korean Zone resource Sister Kil who is the cutest! I love these people sooooooooo much! They are my family away from family!


Dear Everyone,

This week has been incredible! Probably the 3 most exciting things ever happened! I will order them from most exciting to least exciting, although most people would probably find #3 most exciting, so read to the end to find out how I'm going to be famous. Just kidding. Sort of. 

1. This was the best thing ever! Last Friday, we taught TRC, like we do every Friday night. Usually RM's volunteer to come be taught by us and that is really cool. Last week though, we got to teach our first REAL KOREANS! It was soooo wonderful! It was super hard to understand them, so that's exciting, but the spirit was soo strong! We taught about the Book of Mormon and how we can receive revelation through reading it. I have never bore a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon. I KNOW ITS TRUE. It is seriously the BEST book. Read it! Anyway, for our second lesson I just about died of happiness when we were walking into the room, because we taught a whole Korean FAMILY! I haven't seen children in soooooooo long! I forgot that they existed! haha But seriously, I was just so happy, because this gospel message is a message about FAMILY! It's so amazing and brings such peace and joy to families! The three little kids were sooo adorable, and they shared with us their testimonies of the Book of Mormon and who their favorite prophet was and even read some scriptures with us (6 and 8 year olds totally read better than me, btw... it's cool) It was so cute! And then this little boy just sat and put his legs in the arm holes of his jacket, and that was so funny. Seriously though, it was probably one of the very best experiences of my mission so far! I just love kids and families and I can't even express the joy it has brought into my week and life! God loves us so much! I'm super grateful for my family, and that I have been raised with the knowledge of the gospel! What a blessing that we so often take for granted! 

2. The second best thing that happened this week is that our lessons are continuing to go really really well with our investigators! Kim Honbeen talked to his mom and is coming to church on Sunday! We are sooo excited for him, and we had some of our best lessons with him! Our teachers have said some really really nice things about how good our lessons are, so that's encouraging, especially since I don't know Korean still. haha. BUT. The most exciting thing was our lesson last night with E Dongsun (I don't know how to spell these names in English, sorry) He doesn't have any kind of a christian background, so we've had to teach him everything, but last night was awesome! HE AGREED TO BE BAPTIZED! There is probably no better feeling than bearing testimony of something and be nearly in tears because the spirit is so strong and then  you just watch your investigator 'get it'. That light bulb moment is soooo cool! Our lesson last night was also really cool, because it was like a normal conversation complete with jokes and normal human interactions rather than just teaching with some small talk. Our investigator was joking about our Korean and we joked about how he always reads the BOM on his 'sumartah fone'. And then we read a scripture about how Jesus is the Lamb of God, and he just laughed, because he had no idea what that meant, and we had no idea what he was asking until he starting making sheep noises. It was hilarious. But the spirit was there so strong, and I have never been so happy. I'm just so happy to be teaching the truth of the gospel! I seriously cried tears of joy. I love being a missionary.

3. Ok. So here's the super weird exciting thing! The New York Times wants to interview me!!!! That's real. And weird. They apparently are doing an article on missionaries in Korea, and will be interviewing my companion and I and 3 other companionships. It's apparently kind of a big deal, because the church is sending someone from publicity to train us on Monday on what we are allowed to say. It's so weird. I have no idea why they picked me, but hopefully I don't say anything dumb, because they told us that we will reach more people in this article than we will our entire missions. No pressure. Anyway. It's really cool to think that I can maybe share my testimony with all of America! (Or at least the people who still read the newspaper... so not that many people haha) They aren't sure exactly what the article is about, but they said they are especially interested in Sister missionaries. We aren't exactly sure when they will come to interview us, but sometime after Monday when we are trained and in the next two weeks. They told us we have to be 'perfect missionaries' in every way including how we look every single day, just to be ready for when they come. I'm not really sure what that means, because I don't know how we could possibly raise the standard for how we dress and act. I probably should quote Megamind a little less frequently, but besides that I don't know what else to do haha. Anyway, the article will come out after I'm in Korea, so everyone will have to read it and see if the Times makes everything we say sound super dumb, because they are such a liberal newspaper, but I think it'll be cool anyway. I really feel like something awesome is happening right now in Korea, and I'm so excited to be a part of it. Anyway, that's my exciting news! 

I love you all!! Have a wonderful wonderful week! You're all amazing! 
See ya in the funny pages!
Love,
Sister Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment