Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas in Korea Dec. 29th

Dear Family,
Well, I don't have much time left to write! Only like 10 mins, cuz I had a lot of emails to reply to. But this week has been fun! Christmas was good, but hard to be away from everyone. But I loved talking to everyone! 45 minutes isn't nearly long enough, but oh well! It's been really cold this week, but apparently it's supposed to be above freezing like 3 days this week, so we're pretty excited! I'm getting a little better at talking to people, which is exciting! My first week we only contacted like 40 people, but this week we did 92, which means I"m getting better at it! haha it's not great, but I'm working on it! Our investigators all have some big issue we are trying to work through, but they are progressing and working. Monica is AWESOME! She ALWAYS reads the BOM and like highlights and annotates and asks questions. I love her. She's seriously golden. She has such a testimony of the scriptures!
One cool experience I had this week has to do with buses in Korea. As my companion puts it, after riding Korean buses, thrill rides won't be quite as thrilling. They are so funny. I just laugh every time, because I feel like I'm going to die. But anyway. We got on the bus and this old lady got on after us. Before she could grab on to anything, the bus driver started speedily jerking down the road. She started falling over and desperately looking for something to hold on to. Luckily I was close enough to grab her and I was holding on to something so I was able to keep her from falling over. It just made me think about how that bus is like life, and the handles are like our testimonies of the gospel. Because we know about the gospel, we are able to stand firm through all of life's stops and starts and bumps, but other people just don't have anything to hold on to. We should be anxious to help other and give them something to hold on to. This week, I would encourage everyone to find someone who is struggling to find a hand hold, and share your testimony with them. The savior really is our rock. If we build on Him, we cannot fall. Anyway, that's all I have time for! But I love everyone, I wish you all a wonderful new years!

Love,
Sister Hunter
Last pic from the Provo Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment